- Sargeant Brendahl in Afghanistan
Freefalling into the enemy
- Photo as younger man (2009)
http://www.news.com.au/world/freed-soldier-bowe-bergdahls-girlfriend-monica-lee-has-moved-on-and-has-a-new-boyfriend/story-fndir2ev-1226939281586
- Young, white American men losing it
- Add interview with Kongos - multicultrual good boys
- Screaming song with pathetic lyrics
I thought the refrain was "war, come with now, I'm going to take you down"
I thought it was essentially a fighting song, a song about fighting.
But, what these young men are saying is" Whoa, come with me now, I'm going to take you down."
They're going to take someone "down" to some party or something, not take him down, as in hold him down for a fight. I guess "whoa" means "hey."
Read the rest of the pathetic lyrics, with these young men who sing:
Confused what I thought with something I felt
Confuse what I feel with something that's real
I tried to sell my soul last night
And the band is called The Kongos! after some multi-culti, black-centric attempt at "connecting" with the black ghettos in South Africa, where they're going down, or someone is telling them he'll take them down, for a "good time."
The music is catchy, the melody pulls you in. But then the singing becomes this screaming, as if in a desperate attempt for...something - connection?
Below are the full lyrics
"Come With Me Now"
Come with me now
Come with me now
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna take you down
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna show you how
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna take you down
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna show you how
Afraid to lose control
And caught up in this world
I've wasted time, I've wasted breath
I think I've thought myself to death
I was born without this fear
Now only this seems clear
I need to move, I need to fight
I need to lose myself tonight
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna take you down
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna show you how
I think with my heart and I move with my head
I open my mouth and it's something I've read
I stood at this door before, I'm told
But a part of me knows that I'm growing too old
Confused what I thought with something I felt
Confuse what I feel with something that's real
I tried to sell my soul last night
Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite
Far away
I heard him say (Come with me now)
Don't delay
I heard him say (Come with me now)
Far away
I heard him say (Come with me now)
Don't delay
I heard him say (Come with me now)
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna take you down
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna show you how
Afraid to lose control
And caught up in this world
I've wasted time, I've wasted breath
I think I've thought myself to death
I was born without this fear
Now only this seems clear
I need to move, I need to fight
I need to lose myself tonight
Whoa, come with me now
Whoa, come with me now
I'm gonna take you down
Whoa, come with me now
