
Morning on the Hudson
[Photo By KPA
New York, 2016]
I got a coffee from the nearby market, poured it into my thermos, got a bran muffin and walked down from my Upperwest Side apartment around 110th Street down to Riverside Drive. Eventually, I found a quiet spot (where the noise from heavy-morning traffic roaring down the Henry Hudson Parkway was abated by a brief half circle from 96th to 89th) and found a bench close enough to the water. I kept my gloves on and drank the welcome warm coffee and took bites from my muffin. It was freezing of course. But I was well-covered with layers everywhere, including two layers of gloves (woolen and those padded waterproof ones which look like I'm on an expedition in the Antarctic). The thin woolen gloves served to keep me temporary (very) warmed as I too pictures.
Some hardy souls were my companions along the snowy path, including dogs and their owners. We said hello to each other in solidarity.
It was all worth every minute!
