Yes.
About the Mississauga idea. I phrased it wrong.
I am not writing about that evil AGM but about Mississauga itself.
There is a fascinating story there with the original city being constructed by a group of ambitious, creative men who somehow saw a reason to develop a city rather than an extension of Toronto. I've still a lot to research about WHY but the hows are fascinating. It is the verve and ambition of strong, intelligent men who like to BUILD things.
You might like to read something about it here but it is all very disjointed and unfocused. Why, How, When, What, etc. need to be put in some cohesive manner.
I frequently go to the lovely Canadiana Room in the Mississauga Central Library, and dug up all these stores newspaper reports photos and other documents.
Also my theory is that since Mississauga is a "constructed" city, and doesn't have the "traditional" history of other smaller towns like Barrie, it is easier to dismantle and re-construct. It has the highest immigrant and non-Western population in all of Ontario, and I'm still trying to figure out if it is the case for the country as a whole. Housing is much cheaper than in Toronto (or Barrie) and therefore becomes a magnet for the lower-incomed (although not "poor") non-Whites. My father came here for that reason, and also because it was, as I said less developed and easier to "integrate" into.
And those evil sources at the AGM have been trying all kinds of ways to capitalize on this, those white women who've teamed up to wipe out white art and tradition and supplant it with multiculturalism. Except when the Hindu gods and Buddha's helpers get together, they don't get along. And God is watching!
There is hope for Mississauga. The grand project can continue. The men and their minds are still here.
So you see Laura, maybe that is why came to Mississauga! :)
Kidist
