Thursday, August 10, 2017

Muskoka Chairs in the Jubilee Garden



The lovely Jubilee Garden, behind the City Hall in Mississauga, has benches which are designed after the summer Muskoka chair. But rather than a single seat they are double seated.

Some of the chairs were recently grouped at one end of the garden rather than scattered around. I'm not sure why, although I think it is just bad planning. I asked one of the summer student gardeners why this happened.

"I agree with you. They were better before."

"Could you ask your bosses to return them to their original places? But don't make an issue out of it..."

I didn't want him to get into trouble.



The sturdy wood and metal park bench has replaced a Muskoka chair (there are about four of five of these wood/metal benches along this pathway). Perhaps they took the Muskoka benches away for maintenance. I hope so.