
Zach in Ottawa
Zach got a hero's welcome home to Barrie on Tuesday.
I wonder though about his stepfather.
At an interview with CTV Barrie at the finishing point, Derek Clark, who accompanied Zach through the marathon route said about the course:
The tenth kilometer every single day he seemed to crash and he wanted to quit, and he wanted to give up. And I just kept reiterating to him that the whole reason he's doing this is to bring awareness to mental health.Of course the challenge is tough. Isn't that why the stepdad went for the ride, to support, and especially to encourage, Zach?
I wonder if a real father would have made such statements? All warriors need boosting. The sergeant doesn't disclose those private, tough moments.
I think everyone wants Zach to believe that he is weak, and that he may indeed have "mental problems" himself.
Also, I think that the stepdad is angry, in a passive aggressive way. Zach exposed a family secret which he married into. I wonder if he knew that Zach's mother had these problems before he married her?
Poor young, white boy, with all the elements against him.
We should all pray for Zach.
Zach presented the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre with more than $70,000.

Zach's Admirers
