
When you purchase $888 in Square One gift cards using the OTT Pay terminal, receive 88RMB back.
PLUS, the 5% bonus from us. [source]
The renminbi (...RMB) is the official currency of the People's Republic of China. [source]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote in my previous post about the dramatic visuals that were in the Square One Shopping Centre's main entrance to celebrate the Chinese New Year.
I went there to observe the "activities" yesterday, and although I was too early for the dragon dance, I found "fortune teller" Safrina Kadri:
...[a] classically trained Feng Shui consultant, a 5th generation disciple under the lineage of the Grand Master Tang Yang Wu. Safrina has completed the Master Program for Xuan Kong Feng Shui.The name Safrina Kandri didn't sound Chinese to me and looking her up, I found this:
My name is Safrina Kadri, born and grew up in Malaysia but now living with my daughter and husband in Toronto, Canada. I practice feng shui professionally not only in Toronto Canada but have also served clients internationally.When I was at the stall (waiting while she was "reading" someone else's fortune), I thought she looked more Indonesian or Burmese, but in fact she is Malaysian.
safrina1500-3I am the 5th generation disciple under the lineage of the Grand Master Tang Yang Wul
There was already one (Chinese) woman in line, and I asked the organizers how long this would take. "About 15 minutes per person."
I wasn't willing to stay that long (half an hour by my calculations), and was walking away when the Chinese woman in line called out to me: "She is very good. She will give you good fortune."
"I already have good forutne" I replied walking away. I got no response. What can you say to that!
But I wasn't being facetious, although I was angry at her rude call.
I follow the true religion of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Every day is a challenge in Mississauga (and I'm sure elsewhere now) where we are accosted daily by foreign tongues and alien gods.
