Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Fate of the Queer



When I started to write this post, I misspelled "faith." The title should have read "The Faith of the Queer," instead of The Fath of the Queer." Although technically it wasn't my spelling error but the (now) limited functions of my keyboard.

Disclosure: my "i" and "k" on my keyboard don't work so I have to rely on my spellcheck to catch the errors. My spellcheck has filed as correct certain words like "wth" (perhaps because of frequent use and misspelling), and there's no red squiggly line to show that I've made a mistake.

Fortunately, I have a "screen keyboard" where I can just click in the missing letters. But when I rush through proofreading, I tend to pass over "wth" (and other words).

So.

When I titled this blog post as "The Fath of the Queer," meaning to write "The Faith of the Queer" I got of course a red squiggly line under "Fath." And when I resorted to spellcheck, I got "Fate."

And that makes for a perfect title for this post!


The Fate of the Queer

The Art Gallery of Mississauga is co-hosting an event in a neighborhood cafe. Here is what they have publicized on their "Facebook Events" page:
You’re Invited! Join us for a Critical Conversation on the intersections of faith and sexual and gender identities on Saturday, July 21st from 6:30-9:00pm at Studio.89, a barrier-free space with all-gendered washrooms. We’re proud to co-host this month’s Critical Conversation night with the Art Gallery of Misssauga and Queer, Trans, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (QTBIPOC) Sauga. Our moderator will be no other than Anu Radha Verma.

[Note: the misspelling of "Mississauga" (highlighted in red above) was NOT my computer's error. The AGM with close to 1/2 a million in various (1, 2, 3) government government funds still cannot get its information up to par. I have a budget of ... ZERO]

Critical Conversations is one of Studio 89's FREE monthly events that engages the community and raises consciousness about critical issues that affect us locally and globally. We invite a panel of super knowledgeable folks to offer insight and facilitate our discussion. We want to celebrate Pride for our July Critical Conversation.

We’ve invited Panelists to share their stories about their religious, sexual, and gender identities. We can’t wait to see you! Please don't hesitate to email beawesome@studio89.org if you have any questions.
QUEERS of Fate: Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan - COME ON OVER!

The ever-accommodating AGM, with its Barrier-Free Space | All Gender Washroom is inviting you all to come to a discussion on your FATE.

NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!