Monday, January 14, 2019

New Year's Thoughts at Failte


Failte's, Mississauga
January 13, 2019
[Photo By: KPA]


From Larry Auster's View From the Right written January 12, 2012:
I wouldn’t say I’ve been heading in this direction. It became my direction, or my new outlook, in the space of a couple of weeks this past fall. But there is a huge amount to say about this new outlook and I’ve only just begun.
Also, this outlook is not actually new. It’s more a change of gestalt, in which the background becomes the foreground. For many years my position has been that we were in very bad shape but that it was possible to turn it around. So I always placed the emphasis on that possibility. For example, I never simply ended an article about some horror in our society and left it at that. I always ended with the point that it doesn’t have to be this way, that we can restore a better America. That is what has changed. I no longer think such a positive reversal of direction it’s possible. The overall shape of the picture I am looking at has not changed, but, in my consciousness of the picture, the foreground and the background have switched. The likelihood that liberalism would go on until it has crashed our civilization is now in the foreground of my thoughts, and the possibility that liberalism may collapse before it has reached that point is in the background—or rather I’ve dismissed it as a practical scenario. While my philosophy has not changed, the change of perspective I have described changes many of my responses to contemporary political and cultural phenomena.

[...]

If the destructive course can’t be stopped, what then is there for us to do?
- Continue to critique and denounce the mainstream and show why its false, evil, and doomed;
- Lay out an alternative vision of society (which will not be adopted or have any significant effect on the society in the foreseeable future); and
- Build up a traditionalist organization/community which serves as a spiritual and social life raft and which, as the mainstream society gets worse and worse, will attract more and more people.