Saturday, December 1, 2018

"Bless her little louboutins. Long may Flotus reign."

Letter from a reader on my Melania Trump attire post, who has his own fashion sense ("cardigan draped over the shoulders":
Your dress recommendations, are great...I normally don't care for
pants-suits on women as it makes them look masculine - which I suppose is
the whole point why the sisterhood embrace them - but I give Melania a
pass. With those lines, there's certainly no mistaking Melania for a man.

She looks like a whole different species to Hillary.

Bless her little louboutins. Long may Flotus reign.

I've noticed Melania's signature fashion look, (apart from the high heels),
is a cardigan or coat draped over her shoulders. I find that look very
fetching but don't know why it works. Perhaps it is the pairing of classic
high-fashion garments with a touch of insouciance.
Regards, to you.
Stephen

Regards,
Stephen Ippolito
Perhaps the reason why the cardigan draped over the shoulders works is that it implies that someone helped place it there, and clearly a male partner who gently puts the garment on the female's shoulder.

I personally prefer the full assistance: helping the lady actually put on the jacket or coat. But in this modern era of borrowed femininity, I will settle for the "assisted" draped over the shoulder look.

And there is no doubt that Melania is feminine. Even her pantsuits showcase her (sexy) femininity.