
"Holiday" Event at Square One: Merry and Bright Holiday Market
[Photo By: KPA]
The Square One Mall retailers refuse to use the word Christmas in the way that it was intentioned.
They've now come up with a "pop up" "market" which consists of various stalls, which they've called a "Holiday Market," which is "Merry and Bright." Yay!
I've been inside, twice, to see if maybe I was missing something.
The last time I was there, I went to some stall (I forget which) and saw a "South Asian" woman, clearly a lesbian, with cropped hair and tattoos all the way down her arms and on her bare breasts (bare upper breasts, but who knows what's going on in the non-visible parts of the rest of her body). I saw all this as she started to talk to me, and I just walked away.
The sponsors of the "market" are listed on the photo above at their site, but the most curious is KIND®, which purports to sell "healthy snacks." But KIND® is still a prepackaged and processed food, and there are no numerical values for the "30% less sugar" (30% less sugar compared to what?) and "low sodium" (see sugar example) on their website.
And KIND® has a "KINDness Tree" in that merry pop-up market where you can "hang a wish" if you so desire. We can do it (be kind and gift-giving, that is) without Jesus and Mary and Joseph and that godforsaken donkey, those nuisance characters in that myth who tend to taken over OUR Holidays. All we need is to OWN it all: The Christmas Tree® and The Christmas Feeling™, and we can enjoy a time of kindness and gift-giving for ALL.
"Be kind" is the motto of our age, and God help you if you're not!
MERRY!
