
Diana Hillman
Passing Lane 2, Study, Road Works Series, 2016
Oil and pencil on paper
Approx 30 x 40 cm
Estimate: $300
Message: 2018-04-23
Dear Diana,
I am writing to tell you how wonderful I think is your painting that is up for auction at the AGM fundraiser, "Passing Lane 2, Study, Roadworks Series, 2016." I think you have captured splattering rain, a kind of relentless rain that can make driving difficult at such a late time in the day (late evening). I can feel the cold of those icy showers from the truck's wheels! I've travelled many times from Barrie to Toronto/Mississauga along these two-lane roads during such a time. But there is the comforting glow from the cars' and truck's headlights, and that town up on the hill welcomes us with the lights from the homes.
Congratulations!
I am surprised that the starting bid is so low! Others have been priced so extraordinarily high.
All the best,
Kidist Paulos Asrat
Hello Kidist,
Thank you so much for your extremely kind words about my painting! It's so nice to get an unsolicited compliment.
I told the AGM that they could start the bidding wherever they wanted ... so I guess they did. I wish them all the best in their fundraiser.
Thanks again,
Diana Hillman
