I shop at Walmart. Right now I don't really care about the "monopoly" Walmart has over other stores. If people were strong enough and voted for the right things and people, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Walmart started as the middle/lower income Americans' store. You can really find everything. American and Canadian fruits and vegetables DO make the cut. You don't have to buy those Mexican peppers you now!
The cashiers are doing their job. They are admirable. They must see a lot of sh*t here in multi-culti Mississauga. They would be great witnesses for the decline of Canadian society.
Yesterday, I was buying cream (for my morning Starbucks coffee) and paper towels (I "recycle"). In front of me were two tall Chinese men. They were busy talking in their guttural Cantonese.
The cashier was passing their items through the sensor. There was A LOT!
"$80" she told them. I mostly saw chips, soda and mostly non-essential foods. Maybe they're having a picnic!
On the counter, they had a large LCBO paper bag (Liquor Control Board of Canada - yes this is Canada!). The paper bag was tall so it must have been several bottles of wine. Canadian wines now cost around $12 a bottle. But I doubt they went local. California is where to go! (And maybe France). In any case bottles are about $15 (unless you went really international and got an Italian wine for $7.95) That would make their alcoholic beverage cost around $60.
So $160 at one shot! And for non-essentials. And at Walmart too!
I wonder when all that Chinese money will run out? And people will get tired of their "we own the world" attitude. Not long , I guarantee you. Shopping at Walmart is already the tell-tale sign. There is a big and fully-stocked Whole Foods Market just up the road. I go there once in while to get some of their fruit (it about the same as the Farmer's Market and, I think equally good).
Why are they not there if they're so rich?
You see?
