
Caleigh Alleyne With her Father
Who is she? Who is her family? What are they?
No-one asks (or dares to ask) these questions anymore.
Caleigh Alleyne was on CTV's estrogen power show The Social yesterday (June 18) as a travel guide.
Her input was interesting but nothing one would find by watching the far more informative The Lonely Planet or Rick Steve's Europe.
What was far more intriguing was her presence.
She is a large woman (plus-size she is called now) while in reality she is close to obese, but with a full-cheeked pleasant and cheery look that is the saving grace of heavy-weight women.
I forgot to write down her name at the beginning of the show and had to watch a re-run to get to it.
Caleigh Alleyne.
She looks like she could be Indian (from the subcontinent) or yes even the Native type. But what about that curly hair? Some Indians (from southern Indian) do have very curly hair. Maybe her mother is Indian.

No. And neither is her father.

But her Dad has that same slightly large and flat nose that could indicate negroid origins.
I did the usual google search in variations and found this:
I Asked 13 Black Women a Question I Needed to Answer Myself
"When did they feel that unique sense of #blackgirljoy?"
By: Celeste Little
Online Magazine: Man Repeller
02.01.18
Caleigh Alleyne, 27However "multicultural" Canada is, people will still ask questions. And it will always add another notch to the disappointments Caleigh and all her cohorts will accumulate over time.
Travel journalist, Toronto
“One of my happiest moments as a biracial woman was truly accepting that my curls were beautiful.
Growing up, popular culture and others around me constantly told me my hair was ‘so much nicer’ when I straightened it, or suggested that I get it relaxed. But I am glad I never did. I love how every little curl is unique and my own and changes as much as I do. I proudly wear my natural hair curly and I am not afraid for it to be big and beautiful.
I saw the shift when I finally decided to wear my hair ‘naturally’ on TV more often, and how freeing it was to me not to flatten it with heat every time I was interviewed.”
Her obesity surely must be more about her "identity" crisis rather than just her mother's cancer scare.
