Since when have women been called "ladies?"
I went to my local Chapters Indigo (mega) bookstore to redeem a $5 "top-up" they emailed me (I've been a pretty good customer averaging about 5 books/year). Actually I went yesterday to search through the choices and was delighted to find that they are doing their periodic sale of unsold books and putting them up for $2 $3 $5 $7, the highest for $10. They have put them is semi-subject classifications. But all that really amounts to is "fiction vs. nonfiction."
I found what looked like a nice story called Moonlight in Paris for $2 and went to buy it.
The lovely lady (yes a lady) at the cash said that I would have to find a book $5 or more to redeem my points, otherwise I would have to pay outright.
"That defeats the whole purpose!" I said. "I think I will just go back and look for some more."
At this point I usually take the book in hand and put it back where I found it so that I can locate it easily next time around, but I forgot to do so.
"Your hair looks lovely!" I said to her. She usually has it up in a bun and now it is a low cut bob. It is grey (white). I thought it made her look younger and her light blue eyes were more prominent. I didn't say all this though!
"Yes it is a summer cut. It used to be really long. I had it wrapped up in a bun."
I said my goodbyes and resigned to come back the next day after I looked up books on the store's online catalogue.
