There are two kinds of people who allows this to happen:
- The "oh they're such lovely birds" apartment dwellers who feed them with bird seed (which should be illegal unless you have a caged parrot)
- And the "environmentalists"
I met the latter at the recent Mississauga City Hall National Public Works Week Family Fun Day:
Do you know what it takes to keep the city moving each day? From providing clean water to building roads and bridges or planning for mass transit, to removing snow on roadways or devising emergency management plans, public works services contribute to a city's quality of life. Join us for Family Fun Day - a celebration of National Public Works Week (NPWW).I went because I saw all the activity from a distance.
It was generally informative and I showed the Peel Regional Police who were there at the "Square" that I wasn't the demon that I have clearly been made out to be thanks to an email blitz by the administrators and leaders at the Art Gallery of Mississauga. I actually care about the place I live in. The cops were kind and helpful about some questions I had about how to contact them for services.
But it was this woman, Melanie Kramer, whose business card describes her as "Program Coordinator, Residential Outreach at Credit Valley Conservation" who merits attention.
I waited for her to be free from other questioneers, and started gently. I wanted help after all.
I asked about the flood control activities we as residents can get involved in. One of course is to plant species that can help with flood assistance, such as plants with deep roots.
But all this fascinating information (which I also got from other experts at the fair) is for another post.
The woman said: "Well we want to make sure that we protect our wildlife"
"But these aren't wildlife. True wild birds don't get their daily feed from seeds scattered by humans."
She insisted on her perspective.
I got impatient and irritated by this clearly "green" person who believes that all animals are benign creatures who require our help AT ALL COST.
Sounds like those AGM people who believe that all "immigrants and non-whites discriminated against by racist white Canadians require our help" AT ALL COST.
Back to these cute birds. They can carry germs. They can be conduits to all kinds of health problems for humans, for animals, and those precious trees this fascist woman is protecting.
Still she wouldn't budge. "You can call us for educational and other assistance" she said and gave me her business card.
I got furious.
"Well thanks. What I will do is just spray rat poison on the areas where they congregate."
Then I smiled and walked away, leaving her befuddled.
Kramer's education, according to her LinkIn page is:
University of GuelphAnd her LinkedIn page has an arrow pointing to "more," and this is what I saw, which led me to a small burst of laughter:
Degree: PhD student Field Of Study: Rural Studies - Food systems
Dates: 2012 – 2016
University of Toronto
Master of Landscape Architecture
Dates: 2003 – 2006
York University
Master of Environmental Studies
Dates: 2000 – 2003
University of WaterlooALL CONTEMPORARY ENVIRONMENTALISTS ARE FUNDAMENTALISTS: I.E.: THEY RELIGIOUSLY BELIEVE IN WHAT THEY SAY AND DO!!
Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Field Of Study: Philosophy
Of course environmental studies should ring a bell. This isn't the environmental studies I studied when I was a biology student for my undergraduate degree, where we really studied the environment. It was called "ecology" then.
This is a pseudonym for "GREEN," meaning a movement for all those who religiously believe in "climate change" and how we should change our God-given earth to accommodate for this "greening effect" caused by man-made evil. These fanatics change their titles to suit the realty: What was "Global Warming" now is known as "Climate Change." I'm not going to provide any links to these ideological adjustments. Go and find them yourselves.
And of course all modernists are fundamentalist religionists. This is clearly the case with the God-rejecting Art Gallery of Mississauga staff and directors, who have found their god in the "other," the non-white immigrant, the dedicated believer in a supernatural being, something which the can never be.
I should add here that I confronted another "environmentalist," Reinhard Reitzenstein, yet another Art Gallery of Mississauga invitee, when I asked him during and AGM-sponsored panel discussion in 2015 about his "environmentalist" positon.
I said: "People want to preserve their environment. All of us are concerned citizens. How can you get away from the split: "pro-global warming good: anti-global warming bad?
How can we get away from this dichotomy and get together as a concerned citizens who want to preserve our countries, our landscapes, the nature around us, our earth?"
He really had nothing to respond to my question, even in general such as " well we can start citizen committees," and muttered something about environmentalism and the importance of nature.
I left it at that with no comment, no suggestions, and no "solidarity," and left the event soon after.
Such is the hypocrisy of the "environmentalists." Fundamentally what they believe is that our God, who created this nature, is evil and nature is good. And that the Gaia goddess will right all the wrongs of our God.
In the meantime, Reitzenstein cannot do without any of the amenities that the civilization our God has created: his smart car, his complex image recording devices (computer, camera, wifi, digital discs) and the civilization where he can sit on a panel and debate civilly in front of an audience without a riot breaking out or someone throwing a rock at him (of course rock throwing happens, and it is ALWAYS "his side" which is the aggressor).
Welcome to our Post-1984 Brave New World. Orwell and Huxley must be turning in their graves. And Satan would be smiling, with a wide grin!

Reinhard Reitzenstein
Transformer
Transformer was built for the Sculpture Symposium Cime et Racines, held at La Gabelle Park near Trois Riviers, Quebec, Canada. During the site visit to La Gabelle I was instantly inspired by seeing the two abandoned hydro-electric towers at the edge of the escarpment above a hydro dam. My idea for this project immediately entered my mind and I inquired about the possibility of suspending an inverted tree from the two towers. The title Transformer means the same in both French and English and compels the work to be read as a critique of hydro Quebec forestry practices and clear-cut strategies when establishing corridors for their lines. It also references the history of logging and log chutes along the river. The project could be seen hovering on the escarpment from miles away and often lured visitors from the highway to witness the spectacle. [Source: Reinhard Reitzenstein's website]
