Tuesday, November 20, 2018

French Patisserie



I finished baking these late last night. It didn't take long: about 20 minutes for preparation and another 15 for baking. They are supposed to be turnovers but I can't quite get the shape right so I just "turn over" the pastry to adequately cover the mixture inside.

And the inside is:
- Thinly sliced pears
- Lindt hazelnut chocolate
- Liqueur St-Germain, an elderflower liqueur from France.
I got a 50ml bottle at the liquor store for about $5. They often put items at 50-60% sale which they want to get rid off (sitting in their stock room for too long?) In any case it has a slightly pear/citrusy taste.
- The juice of one clementine
- Sugar

I mixed the pears, clementine juice, two teaspoons of the liquor and the chocolate and the sugar in a bowl and heated the mixture for about 1 minute in the microwave.

I mixed the heated mixture well and put about a tablespoon in a triangular piece of puff pastry and "turned over" the dough to cover the mixture. Then into the oven for 15 minutes (until golden brown).

The house smells like a French patisserie!

And the pastry? Delicious!