Sunday, May 3, 2020

China-Covid and Ethiopia

I think Abiy, the new Ethiopian PM, is doing his best othat he could since I think Europe and America abandoned Ethiopia for decades. He looked (or at least his Communist predecessors, ten years now) looked towards China, which Abiy is simply working with. He cannot destroy ten years of social politics. And Abiy's politics is cleverly undecipherable. He works independently. His goal is to help, build, Ethiopia. He is smart, and is extending his influences into Europe and North America, as more Ethiopians in the West are realizing what this all means. I think China-COVID is a Godsend for Ethiopia.

Here is PM Abiy's latest post on his Facebook page:
Through cluster farming of wheat we have great potential to begin import substitution. The experience of cluster farming 2800 hectares of land through irrigation in Jidda Woreda of the Oromia Region is quite encouraging. This shows us that we have the capacity to stop our dependence on wheat imports at a national level if we intensify our productivity in this manner.

Similarly, cattle fattening endeavours by youth in Jidda Woreda is also promising. I encourage our small-holder farmers throughout the country to continue building on these capacities with the needed support.