Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Trump and His Darth Vaders


US President Donald Trump wears a mask as he visits Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland on July 11, 2020 [Image Source]

President Trump appears to be backtracking from his statements during his recent Fox News interview with Chris Wallace this past Sunday, July 21, but I don't think so.

I wrote about the interview here: Trump is Getting Back on Track.

Trump vacillates often, and I think he is reined in by forces we don't understand, primarily originating from his son-in-law Jared Kushner.

But Trump has sharp instincts, and his vacillations are a way of gauging the political atmosphere, as he showed during the Chris Wallace interview. He cannot afford to alienate important segments of the American population, and cannot go back to the days when he called various politicians "liars." Remember the "Lyin' Ted" days?

And his statement after his mask-wearing visit to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center shows that:
“When you’re in a hospital, especially ... I think it’s expected to wear a mask.”[Source]
Expected, is what he said, rather than "mandatory." And he never said "everywhere."

During his July 21 interview, Wallace asked him about mandating mask-wearing:
Wallace: Question, the CDC says if everybody wore a mask for 4-6 weeks, we could get this under control. Do you regret not wearing a mask in public from the start, and would you consider – will you consider a national mandate that people need to wear masks?

Trump: No I want people to have a certain freedom, and I don’t believe in that. No, and I don’t agree with the statement that if everybody wear a mask everything disappears. Hey, Dr. Fauci said don’t wear a mask. Our Surgeon General – terrific guy – said don’t wear a mask.

Everybody who is saying don’t wear a mask – all of sudden everybody’s got to wear a mask, and as you know masks cause problems, too. With that being said, I’m a believer in masks. I think masks are good.

But I leave it up to the governors. Many of the governors are changing. They’re more mask into – they like the concept of masks, but some of them don’t agree.[Source]
"No, I want people to have a certain freedom, and I don't believe in [a national mandate], no."

And if ever he was to go public wearing a mask it would be surrounded by tough military men in full regalia, as during his recent visit to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland. They came out looking like a Darth Vader troop. And their masks have the White House insignia on them!

And Trump ditched his mask as soon as he left the hospital:
Trump was wearing a mask in Walter Reed’s hallway as he began his visit. He was not wearing one when he stepped off the helicopter at the facility, and also during his press brief after his visit. [Source]
At that press brief, he answered a heckling reporter, who was fully masked and socially distancing asking him why he removed his mask later after the press briefing:


Masked and Heckling Female Reporter in Lilac [Note KPA: I searched for this woman's name and her news media affiliation, but nothing]

Trump replies, in his signature manner, which people mock frequently, but which shows his particular way of covering his perspective:
If you can, use the mask. When you can, use the mask. If you're close to each other, if you're in a group, I would put it on, when I'm in a group. If I'm in a elevator and there are other people with me, including, like, security people, it's not their fault, they have to be in the elevator. I want to protect them also. I put on a mask.

I have no problem with the masks. I view it this way: anything that potentially...In theory you don't need the mask. I'm getting used to the mask.

And the reason is, think about patriotism. Maybe it is. It helps. It helps. Now we've had experts that said in the recent past that masks aren't necessarily good to wear...But now they've changed their mind. If they change their mind, that's good enough for me, so I wear it when appropriate.
Good. Why should Trump get into arguments with hostile media? He is right, when close to people, just wear the mask. It actually makes people around him feel better. They have been fed the fake news media harassment on the COVID-Scam, and may turn belligerent, or just simply get nervous and agitated, if you walk in with your unbridled face.

Let's wait and see what Trump does. I think he will be clever and alert, and return to his mission of "Make America Great Again." Hopefully, it will be soon. And hopefully, he will get rid of his son-in-law, and those strings that pull at American politics.

Trump knows ALL about the mafia, and their tactics and strategies.