Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Trump is Getting Back on Track



Here is the full transcript for: Fox News Sunday interview with President Trump, if the video is no longer available.

Below, I have posted what I think are the important points.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Trump refused to be bullied by fake-new Fox reporter Chris Wallace, who questioned him on the new book out about his family, by his niece, who went on a mission to destroy Trump, and especially Trump's father.

Here is the telling part during the interview, around 31 minutes:
My father liked to win. My father was a very good man, he was a strong man. It's disgraceful that she said that. She was not exactly a family favorite...She writes a book that so stupid and so vicious. And it's a lie.

My father was a great wonderful man.

It hurts me more about attacking my father [than attacking me], not being kind to my mother. I have a mother who was like a saint. She was incredible. She was an incredible woman. And she [...] was nasty even to my mother.

[...]

She [the author] was not much of a family person.

[...]

My father was...I think he was the most solid person I have ever met. And he was a very good person. He was a very very. good person. He was strong, but he was good. For her to say that kind of things. A psychopath? That he was a psychopath? Anybody who knew Fred Trump would call him a psychopath?! And you know what? If he was, I would tell you.

[...]

My father, he was tough. He was tough for me. He was tough on all of the kids. But tough in a solid sense. In a really good sense.

[...]

That book is a LIE!
And Trump and his take on Fox News:
I'm not a big fan of Fox, I'll be honest with you. They've changed a lot since Roger Ailes.

[...]

Look, I know you very well. I know your father very well [referring to Mike Wallace]. He was one of the most talented journalists there are. And you likewise are a very talented person.

I do think this. I think you are a very, uh. I think you are toward the Democrat side. Which is ok...
[KPA Note: Which Chris Wallace of course denies, with "footage" to prove, which he shows]
It just seems to me that you are very prone to be with the Democrats, and maybe I'm wrong about that Chris. But it's an honor to be with you.
[KPA Note: Regarding the elections]
Trump: I don't think I'm going to lose at all.

Wallace: But if you did, how crushing would it be?

Trump: First of all, let me tell you something. I know everyone wants to know that because they'd LOVE to see me lose...Do you know how many times I've been written off?...
[KPA Note: Wallace persists with the "lose" question. And Trump doesn't take the bait]
And you know why I won't lose? Because the country in the end, they're not going to have a man whose shot. He's shot.
[KPA Note: Trump points to his head indicating that Biden is not right in the head]
Trump: He's mentally shot.

Let him come out of his basement and go around. I'll make four five speeches a day. I'll be interviewed by you. I'll be interviewed by the worst killers that hate my guts. They hate my guts. There's nothing they can ask me I that won't give a proper answer to. Some people will like it, some people won't like it.

Wallace: I agree with that.

Trump: But look. Let Biden sit through an interview like this. He'll be on the ground crying for Mommy. He'll say "Mommy, Mommy! Please take me home!"

Wallace: We've asked him for an interview, sir.

Trump: He can't do an interview. He's incompetent.

There's a number you haven't mentioned. It's the "enthusiasm number." The enthusiasm for Trump is through the roof. Even higher than last time. The enthusiasm for Biden in non-existent. Everyone knows he's shot.

Wallace: But the enthusiasm AGAINST YOU is high.

Trump: Well, that's OK. That's his only shot.

Wallace: Right.

Trump: That's his only shot. I agree. And those people know I'm doing a good job. But there's something in my personality that they don't like.

Because look. Nobody's done what I've done!

Biden wants to come in and ruin our country.

[...]

He will destroy this country.

But. It won't be him. It will be the radical left. The same type of ideology that took over Venezuela, one of the richest countries in the world. They now have no water. They've not food. And they have no medicine.

That's gonna happen here if he wins.
[KPA Note: The devious Wallace asks this as his "final" questions]:

Wallace: Are you a good loser?

Trump: I'm not a good loser. I don't like to lose. I don't lose too often. I don't like to lose.

Wallace: But are you gracious?

Trump: You don't know until you see. It depends.

I think mail-in voting is going to rig the election. I really do.

[...]

Wallace: Whether it's in 2021 or 2025, how will you regard your years as President of the United States?

Trump: I think I was very unfairly treated. From before I even won, I was under investigation by a bunch of thieves, crooks. It was an illegal investigation.

Wallace: But what about the good parts, sir?

Trump: No, no. I want to say this. I have done more than any President in US history in the first three and a half years, and I have done it suffering through an investigations

[...]

The Russia Hoax, it was all a hoax. The Muller Scam, it was all a scam. It was all false.

I made a bad decision. One bad decision: Jeff Sessions. Now I feel good because he lost overwhelmingly in the great state of Alabama.

Here's the bottom line. I've been very unfairly treated. And I don't say that as paranoid. Everybody says it. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. But there was tremendous evidence right now as to how unfairly treated I was.

[...]

Let’s see what happens. Despite that, I did more than any president in history in the first three and a half years.