Friday, July 24, 2020

Via The Thinking Housewife:
The Emaskulated Male



A FRIGHTENED MAN is much more dispiriting than a frightened woman.

Peggy Hall talks about men in masks.

— Comments —

Loyal writes:
Another fabulous video from Peggy Hall! I, too, just returned from a shopping trip, and although the mask requirements (OOPS, “recommendations”, “guidelines,” I can’t remember!) are getting stricter and more codified, I have successfully been in several stores today with signs on the windows, and no one has said one word to me about my lack of a mask. At the grocery store, a woman was in front of me with her pre-teen and teen daughters waiting 6 feet apart in 90 degrees to go inside a nearly empty store. I had my sunglasses on, but I looked ahead and saw the younger daughter say something to her mom and point back at me. The mom, who had masks for all, but not wearing them yet, turned and looked at me with a smile (or a smirk, I wasn’t sure). I couldn’t tell if she saw me looking directly back at her, but I remember thinking, “Please don’t say anything to me, unless you want to be embarrassed in front of your kids!”

I should note that before I venture into these stores, I pray for God’s help and protection. Also, where possible, and because I don’t want a spirit of rebellion to grow in my heart, I have tried to take what I call the “Daniel approach”, based on the Biblical account in Daniel chapter 1, where Daniel and his friends asked the king politely to have food that was different from (healthier than) the king’s rich foods. They asked and it was granted to them. It is my practice to call in advance, whether it is for my dentist, car repairs, or as I have mentioned, buying a car and selling a house, and explain that I don’t wear a mask. If I receive resistance, I take my business elsewhere. If the person is accommodating, I emphasize that I will continue to give them my business and refer others to them. Therefore, it is possible, as Peggy states, to develop a community of individuals who want to “live their best lives” and not allow the government to continue to infringe on our rights to assemble, worship, and conduct commerce as free citizens, not subjects under tyranny.