Tuesday, April 21, 2020

John Derbyshire's: VDare's Contract Man


When Danny comes marching home
Danny shipped off to Fort Benning, Ga. at the end of July
to train as an infantryman in the U.S. Army (2013) [source: Derbyshire's homepage]


[Source: John Derbyshire's homepage and VDare]
I wrote about John Derbyshire's article on Tedros Ghebreyesus, the World Health Organization's Director-General, here, and some background on Derbyshire here, and his half-Chinese children, here.

Why is VDare using Derbyshire, a white British man (naturalized American), married to a woman he met in China, as their white representative to "save" America from immigrants and multiculturalism?

I believe VDare's underlying principle is IQ. People with high intelligence, on par with the intelligence of whites, make better Americans than all the others - Hispanics, Arabs, Africans,etc.

Therefore Derbyhsire's Chinese wife is of no concern, since she comes from a country which purports to have high IQ population groups.

Of course, the high Asian IQ theory has its problems, which I've discussed here.

And a high IQ is not a guarantor that anyone, or any nation, will be successful. There are other factors, what I would call the Aesthetic IQ, which determines how one views beauty, the Spiritual IQ, how one lives in accordance with higher principles, and finally the God IQ, how nations and their people figure the Biblical God in the formation of their civilizations.

I presume that Derbyshire has a high "traditional" IQ, which he uses exclusively, and which led him to discard his God IQ, publicly proclaiming his atheism. I also think he is deficient in the Aesthetic IQ, but I won't go into that.

Derbyshire's two children, a half-Chinese son and a half-Chinese daughter, appear in many of his posts, where he has documented their birth to early twenties life in his family album posts. But there is no report on their current situations. Both Danny and Nellie Derbyshire are now nearing their 30s. What are they doing?

Perhaps nothing so impressive as to live up to the subtle IQ hype Derbyshire proudly presented in their earlier years.


My daughter and I had a very instructive morning yesterday

A friend at NYMEX...got us visitor passes,
with a view to Nellie possibly getting an internship
at the exchange in her summer vacation.
[Source: John Derbyshire's posts at The National Review's The Corner, 2010]



My end-2012 puzzle was a splendid 2,000-piecer of van Gogh's The Starry Night

I summon Danny and intone the ritual words:
"Help me out here, please, son. I've almost finished; but there's
this one pesky last piece left, and I can't figure out where it goes."

I then hand the piece to Danny and he completes the puzzle.

[source: Derbyhsire's hompage]
Derbyshire writes about his high IQ son here:
Danny took the AFQT (basically an IQ test: the cutoff for the Army is IQ 92) and the ASVAB
(a vocational test to see which military specialty suits you).
A smart kid - it’s genetic - Danny aced both tests and is in A-1 physical condition,
so they basically told him he could pick his own specialty.
He picked Airborne Rangers, the most dangerous specialty on the list.
They jump out of planes to do Navy-SEAL-type super-hazardous missions.