
Social Distancing
I finished taking a series of photographs of this man doing his spiritual thing in front of Lake Ontario, walked around and took some photographs of geese and seagulls, and was walking off, when he followed me as I left the park into the parking area.
I said "Hello" and asked him if he was doing yoga.
"No. Shi Gong." he replied pleasantly.
"Is that Korean?"
"No it is a form of Chinese meditation."
"Great. Have a good day."
He was in his element. Social Distancing gives him all the time in the world (now that he's most likely not working) to spiritualize before nature, with foreign gods as his reference.
I typed "Shi Gong" as phonetically as I could, and I got Qiqong, and here is what I found (I've separated the paragraph into points for easier reading):
- Qigong (/ˈtʃiːˈɡɒŋ/),[1] qi gong, chi kung, or chi gung (simplified Chinese: 气功; traditional Chinese: 氣功; pinyin: qìgōng; Wade–Giles: ch‘i kung; literally: 'life-energy cultivation') is a centuries-old system of coordinated body-posture and movement, breathing, and meditation used for the purposes of health, spirituality, and martial-arts training.Here's another source:
- With roots in Chinese medicine, philosophy, and martial arts, qigong is traditionally viewed by the Chinese and throughout Asia as a practice to cultivate and balance qi (pronounced approximately as "chi"), translated as "life energy".
- Qigong practice typically involves moving meditation, coordinating slow-flowing movement, deep rhythmic breathing, and a calm meditative state of mind.
- People practice qigong throughout China and worldwide for recreation, exercise, relaxation, preventive medicine, self-healing, alternative medicine, meditation, self-cultivation, and training for martial arts.
- Because clinical research on qigong for its potential benefit in treating various diseases – such as hypertension, pain, and cancer – has been inconclusive due to poor quality, there remains no evidence that qigong has any therapeutic effect, as of 2016.
- Qi means "breath" or "air" and is considered the "vital-life-force" or "life-force energy."Fantastic, I can promote "self-heling, prevent disease and increase longevity" in this time of the COVID simply by breathing strategically. COVID, at this rate, will be gone in no time!
- Qigong practitioners believe that this vital-life-force penetrates and permeates everything in the universe.
- It corresponds to the Greek "pneuma," the Sanskrit "prana," or the Western medical conception of "bioelectricity."
- Gong means "work" or "effort" and is the commitment an individual puts into any practice or skill that requires time, patience, and repetition to perfect.
- Through study, the individual aims to develop the ability to manipulate Qi in order to promote self-healing, prevent disease, and increase longevity.
Now that churches have been closed, what better way to invoke those spiritual forces than with a "calm meditative state of mind," to "promote self-healing, prevent disease, and increase longevity."
The COVID-SCARE is doing a great job of alienating people from God. And it is doing a fantastic job of exposing those that work towards that alienation. This particular man, in his skull cap and dark gear, standing before the beautiful Lake Ontario, is one such.
Our task, our mission, is to absolutely refuse this removal of God, internally and spiritually. We cannot let God be separated from us. We must watch, observe and understand what the greater objective is, besides impoverishing us materially. It is the far more important, and deadly, one of impoverishing us spiritually.
